Accommodating up to 12 people the 290DC is a versatile family fishing and deck boat designed to meet the demands and challenges of experienced boaters who expect not just the highest quality and comfort, but the any-condition reliability and smooth ride that only comes from World Cat. Forward sun lounge and generous aft seating with removable cushions make the 290 Dual Console an incredible family fishing and deck boat. Serious fishermen are rewarded with World Cat's first Euro transom. The Euro transom greatly improves aft access for hauling in the big catch. The expanded marine head and spacious seating on the 290DC are just a few of the details that ensure going offshore is an inclusive adventure you can share with your family and your friends.
Specifications Without Trailer
- Approx Dry Weight: 9200 lbs w/ twin 250's
- Beam: 9' 6"
- Bridge Clearance: 8' 10"
- Cockpit Area: 42 sf
- Cockpit Depth: 65"
- Draft: 15"
- Freeboard Aft: 25"
- Freshwater Capacity: 35 gal
- Fuel Capacity: 250 gal (2 x 125 gal)
- LOA: 29' 1"
- Max HP Rating: 500 hp (2 x 250 hp)
- Molded LOA: 29' 1"
- Trailering Height: 10' 6"
- Transom Height: 25"
- Typical Cruise: 30 mph / 1.75 mpg
- Typical WOT: 50 mph / 1.1 mpg
- Wastewater Capacity: 15 gal
- Bi-fold weather door to prevent wind and rain from entering the helm
- Dedicated rode storage with fiberglass chute for optional windless
- Expansive bow seating with ergonomic design for comfortable lounging of (6) adults
- Forward insulated 225-quart secondary fish box (Starboard)
- Lockable dry storage compartment with rod racks for 4 to 6 rods (Port)
- Molded-in bow pulpit with roller and cleats
- Port and starboard deck recessed hand-rail for added safety. Also (4) stainless steel cup-holders and storage on each side.
- Pull-up stainless steel cleats with backing plates
Graphics & Hull Color Options
- Boot Stripe or Pattern hull graphics package
- Carolina Blue, Fighting Lady Yellow, Ruby Red, and Sapphire Blue Graphics
- Dual aft fold-down seating with backrest cushions
- Electronics package to monitor bilge cycling, tanks, and house battery bank
- Integrated Battery Charging System
- LED underwater light package (Blue)
- Entertainment package with drawer style refrigerator, stainless sink w/cutting board insert, storage, and portable propane grill (replaces port livewell).
- Extend swim platform with integrated handrails and ladder
- Heavy duty, reinforced, stainless steel lifting eye
- Pantograph-style heavy-duty waterproof windshield wiper with rinse
- Removable table with dedicated storage for use in the bow or stern
- Fiberglass top with aluminum frame, radio box with flap panel to mount the VHF, overhead lights, rocket launchers, spreader lights, and zipper bag for life jackets
- Matching hardtop underside to hull side
4-stroke Engine Packages (w/ Engines, Rigging, Controls And Props) Options
- Honda 225hp
- Suzuki 225hp/250hp
- Yamaha 225hp/250hp
- Magnetic catches on head entry and walk-through doors
- Rupp Top Gun outriggers with 15' or 18' rigid poles or telescoping poles
- Taco 270 or 350 Grand Slam(tm) outriggers with 15' or 18' telescopic poles
- Teleflex® electronic controls
- TR-1 Gladiator autopilot with Shadow Drive
- (3) piece safety glass walk-through windshield
- (4) pop-up fender cleats
- Ergonomic dash layout capable of twin 8" screens or one 12" screen
- Head compartment with 23" wide access door to a marine head with a 15-gallon holding tank and overboard discharge. Includes a vanity, mirror and Corian countertop with stainless steel sink. Acrylic door has handrail and magazine rack. Also provides access to lockable rod locker.
- Helm and passenger dual custom seats with nearby recessed stainless steel cup-holders. Helm seat has twin flip-up bolsters.
- Port seatbox houses 30-gallon insulated, lighted livewell with a 1100-gph magnetic drive pump, overboard drain, and a clear lid. Also has compartments for battery management, freshwater pump, and drawer storage.
- Power Assist Steering 13" Edson Wheel
- Starboard seatbox houses 185-quart insulated fishbox/cooler and the nozzle for the raw-water wash down. Compartments for raw-water and power steering pumps for ease of maintenance
- Starboard storage area with removable floor lids for access to batteries and waste tank. Area also provides great access to electronics and the optional bow/stern table storage.
- (6) gunnel-mounted stainless steel rod holders
- Euro-style transom with heavy-duty acrylic door, bait prep, tool storage, and optional fold-down seats
- Freshwater transom shower
- Port and Starboard battery storage compartments
- Port and Starboard sealed-off fuel filter compartments for easy maintenance
- Twin aft-facing seats on seatboxes with flip-down footrests for comfortable addional seating
- 100% composite construction creates a solid, durable, rot-free platform for serious offshore performance
- 100% composite transom reinforced with aluminum backing plates to hold up the stresses of high-horsepower engines
- All cleats and rod-holders are through-bolted with backing plates for heavy-duty marine use
- All wires are labeled every 3 inches for ease of maintenance and serviceability
- All World Cat helms are ergonomically designed using our CAD system to provide comfortable placement of controls, gauges, and electronics while assuring excellent bow visibility per ABYC guidelines. As the skipper of your new World Cat you'll find its helm to be simple, safe, and fun!
- All World Cats are NMMA certified following ABYC standards while all models over 26 feet are Yacht Certified for added safety
- Battery management system monitors and chargers all battery banks while allowing for emergency
- Bow Anchor locker for convenient storage of chain and rode
- Break-away dive ladder for easy transom entry is standard on all models for added safety and convenience
- Chrome-plated, epoxy-coated stainless steel fasteners throughout for long-term performance and appearance
- Customer care package including Coast Guard kit, four (4) fenders, six (6) dock lines, and batteries
- Eight (8) stainless steel recessed cleats provide maximum holding power and minimum interference with fishing lines
- Full 316 stainless steel hardware package provides a lifetime warranty against structural corrosion for years of carefree use
- Full upholstery kit includes aft coaming pads on all boats and forward coaming pads on center consoles
- Heavy-duty wiring systems meet or exceed all NMMA requirements and include tinned copper wiring, Deutsch® sealed connectors, and wires labeled every three inches
- Hydraulic steering system with tilt-helm, dual steering cylinders, and a liquid tie-bar
- Independent propulsion, fuel, and electrical systems for the added security that you will be able to return home safely on one engine
- Large diameter PVC rigging tubes provide ample room for the rigging of electronics, while providing excellent chafe protection for the electrical systems
- LED cockpit and navigational lighting for years of trouble-free boating
- Livewells and fishboxes are double insulated with composite coring and urethane foam for consistent temperature control
- Minimum of two (2) 1500-gph bilge pumps with automatic float switches quickly evacuate the hull to keep you safe and your hull dry in almost any situation
- Minimum of two (2) twist lock 12V DC plugs in the cockpit for downriggers, electric reels, kites, or drink blender (TE's include four)
- Molded-in diamond pattern non-skid on all walking surfaces provide enough grab for safety without hurting your feet
- Non-corrosive, polyethylene fuel tanks, which will not rust or corrode in the harsh salt-water environment
- Only catamaran builder to achieve four (4) straight Marine Industry CSI Awards for fiberglass outboard boats from 2004 to 2007
- Our Unibody Construction® fuses the hull and deck to maximize hull rigidity and strength for the life of your World Cat
- Patented Vectorflo® semi-displacement hull provides a dry, stable and comfortable ride
- Power Assist Steering with 13" Edson Wheel
- Premium marine grade vinyl and foam used on all upholstery to provide years of good looks and easy care
- Raw and fresh water systems
- Self-bailing cockpits with a minimum of four (4) oversized drains to utilize gravity to quickly drain your deck
- Stainless steel cup holders
- Ten-year limited, transferable, structural hull warranty
- Toe-rails to increase cockpit floor-space and fishability while improving comfort and safety. (Not available on the 270SD)
- Water-resistant bilge hatches with compression gaskets in motor-wells to provide bilge pump access and serviceability
- 300' line, 15' chain, and 22lb anchor
- High grade curtain package with Strataglass
- Pro series freefall windlass with 300' line, 15' chain, 22lb anchor, and foot switches at the deck
- Pro series windlass with 300' line, 15' chain, 22lb anchor, and foot switches at the deck
- Stainless steel anchor upgrade